AVIC411.com

Can the TOM TOM software or APP be put into the firmware Z120BT

I was wondering if the TOMTOM software pulled from the GPS or the TOMTOM Iphone app could be put into the Z120BT firmware and run it on the Z120BT system. I like the tomtom GPS way better and think it has better graphics and easier to read. I wasnt sure if it could be added as an app like the pandora link or as the update added it to the firmware on the z110BT updated to the Z120BT or overlay on top of the Z120BT gps interface. I have the hack version of the Z120BT on my Z110BT. I really think this can be done but I just dont know enough about doing it. If there is anyone out there that may be able to get this to work that would be awesome. I have both the TOMTOM GPS and the Iphone app. I will see if I can get the App folder pulled from my phone with a browser if someone wants to really try it.

@ShortFuse: I sent you a PM a while back about future mods. Any idea from the work you've done as to weather this will ever happen?

The new test mode helps a lot if you're afraid of bricking. You can probably load any WinMo app you want on it by replacing the NAVI.EXE file. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play with the OS. Some executable lie in the boot ROM and it's pretty delicate stuff. You would have to repackage it and if you mess up, there goes your device. I haven't found a way to trigger the real bootloader. Hacks can be done, but I don't think there's enough interest at the moment by other developers.

• 5 weeks later...