AVIC411.com

I am curious if anyone else has been having these issues. It has been getting progressively worse. I think I may need to delete a "cache" type folder. But that is just a guess. I have basically started to consistently have three issues. The first two issues were something that used to happen every now and then. Now it happened every time I turn it on.

1. Boots to the three button screen no matter what. After it boot I can pop in a cd or connect an ipod and you hear the beep when it switches the audio input but it stays at the home screen. I can go in and select the input and all of the buttons work fine. I know it didn't use to do that.

2. I used to SD card to store MP3 albums. It used to be if I didn't play the SD card, it would default to a certain MP3. I don't know how it chooses the album but it was always the same one. No it doesn't remember what album I was playing in between power cycles.

3. This one is interesting. I noticed when playing the ipod, some of the album art is not coming up. I have a lot of songs that don't have album art. And you would usually see the music note in its place. Now even though it doesn't have any album art associated with the song, some songs now come up with a black screen. Others with the music note. And it is also doing something interesting with new songs as well. The new songs do have album art associated with it. It shows up on iTunes and the ipod. But the F90BT only shows a music note.

I have reset the unit and I have wiped and restored the ipod. And the unit is getting more buggy. These things are more of an annoyance then anything else. I did hack it almost two years ago to add a voice navigation mute button and delete route to the navigation screen. I would like to avoid wiping it and apply the software again. But only because I cant remember how to get those buttons back on the device.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave