AVIC411.com

Help choosing x910BT vs x920BT

Hello everyone

I'm hesitant between buying the old model x910bt and the new one x920bt

I like the old model only for the volume nob. it means alot to me for how easy it will be to reduce and increase the volume while driving.

while the x920bt seams to have a better interface.. "I dont care about the bigger screen that much."

my question is, will I be missing much if I went for the older model? Cannot I upgrade the x910bt to be x920bt-like? is thew newer interface really worth it?

My other concern is about the map update. I am from the middle east so I'm wondering how easy it is to update/change the map? does it use the same maps from IGo or Route66?

If not, will it run IGo8 flawlessly if I decided to just mod it in?

Thanks for your attention and sorry about my English :)

Regards

I have experience with both models as my girlfriend had the x910 and her father has the x920. I like the streaming features of the x920 used with an iphone. However the x910 is not a bad unit in its own right. I would pick a model based on price. If the price difference is less than $120 between the 2 units, go with the x920. If its more, then the x910 would be my choice. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Hmm hard choice or not. I have had the 710BT and now have the 920BT. I will tell you the 920 is pretty nice. But when using the navi I hate the fact that when I am typing a street the unused letters do not disappear like my 710. Also the 920 was hooked up to the auto dimmer but I did not like it when the reverse cam is on its too dark, the 710 I could adjust the brightness even when the headlights were on. Btw on the 710 when you are tpying for navi letters disappear as you type and make it much easier to type. Yes I type sometimes while Im driving! Who doesn't, I am very careful and one huge reason I miss that feature. The fact that it can not be modded really sux, although I do like the UI on the 920, not sure what I would mod on the screen if I could mod it. If I knew all of this before I bought it, it would be a hard choice, either 910bt or x920 hmm Oh one other huge thing, I have had to goto Detroit 3 times last week and 920 kept saying not found when I typed in an address or searched for it in POIs. I wont tell you which one to choose but I think if it was me I would take the 910. Hope this helps.

The music sphere was cool for 5 minutes, havent used since the first time I tried it out.

One last thing. It really depends if you want the freedom or control of modding or if you just want new. A few things I left out on the 920 is the mini SD, I havent used it, and iphone stuff. I have an ipod touch but cant get the video to work right. That may be because I had to slpice a wire. It plays video fine on my ipod video. And last I have the Samsung Fascinate and I do love how I can bluetooth it to the 920 for calls and music. Same as my ipod touch, it plays music over bluetooth flawless. Just tonight I was thinking about selling the 920, I want a full 7" touch screen. Question is would I go for the Z110 or 120BT units or the old Z1,2,or 3. In that case most likely the 110 or 20.