AVIC411.com

Z1 can't find north

After reseting many times, my AVIC still can't find north. The problem is that it trackes and seems to work OK, but,, the map rotates around the direction arrow. Im thinking my antenna is bad, but why would it know where I'm located? I have bought a new antenna but haven't installed it yet. Don't think that will work. Any ideas?

After reseting many times, my AVIC still can't find north. The problem is that it trackes and seems to work OK, but,, the map rotates around the direction arrow. Im thinking my antenna is bad, but why would it know where I'm located? I have bought a new antenna but haven't installed it yet. Don't think that will work. Any ideas?

Are you sure you haven't just got it set to that mode ??

You can set it 2 ways, one is North up, the other is drivng direction up (which means the map will rotate around your position...)

You switch between the nodes by touching the compass arrow in the map screen....

Are you sure you haven't just got it set to that mode ??

You can set it 2 ways, one is North up, the other is drivng direction up (which means the map will rotate around your position...)

You switch between the nodes by touching the compass arrow in the map screen....

No, I know about the direction mode. I can be standing still and the map will circle the arrow, one rotation a minute.