AVIC411.com

Hi everyone first i would like to say I have been on this site non stop for about 2 weeks now, and I have tried everything to fix my F90BT. I bought a new car 3 weeks ago and it had this unit in it, and I loved it, but I went on to pioneer website to get more info on the unit. When I did I saw the firmware update and tried it out, everything installed perfect and upon restart my unit was giving me the ezrider error. I jumped on this website after talking to tech support for pioneer, found some help and tried ti fix the unit. Alas it made things worse and I would stay frozen on the splash screen. I then ordered a repair disk off of ebay and tried that, but now I am truly bricked, as my unit will only light the LED lights on the control knob, eject, map, and menu buttons for about 30 sec, while the screen stays dark. If I hold down the eject, menu, and map button push the restart, and let go of the eject button I get the blue screen up and can put in the code to try and update WINCE but I just get a fail message in red at the bottom. Anyways that's it, that's everything I have tried and I cant deal with it anymore, if anyone can help I will indeed give it one more try. I really wish I just left it alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone first i would like to say I have been on this site non stop for about 2 weeks now, and I have tried everything to fix my F90BT. I bought a new car 3 weeks ago and it had this unit in it, and I loved it, but I went on to pioneer website to get more info on the unit. When I did I saw the firmware update and tried it out, everything installed perfect and upon restart my unit was giving me the ezrider error. I jumped on this website after talking to tech support for pioneer, found some help and tried ti fix the unit. Alas it made things worse and I would stay frozen on the splash screen. I then ordered a repair disk off of ebay and tried that, but now I am truly bricked, as my unit will only light the LED lights on the control knob, eject, map, and menu buttons for about 30 sec, while the screen stays dark. If I hold down the eject, menu, and map button push the restart, and let go of the eject button I get the blue screen up and can put in the code to try and update WINCE but I just get a fail message in red at the bottom. Anyways that's it, that's everything I have tried and I cant deal with it anymore, if anyone can help I will indeed give it one more try. I really wish I just left it alone.

Hi,

I've bricked my F900BT before, and i think the main reason was doing the official Pioneer Update...After a couple of weeks it just crashed totally.

You don't imagine what i've read and how many hours on it...

If i'm not mistaken there isn't much difference between F90BT and F900BT ( i've read that the main difference is the USB cable in the 900 and the Ipod in the 90 ) and you MUST check if this is true.

Maybe, if they are compatible and if you are a West European, this is the solution for you http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/30773-f900bt-full-ew-backup/

Regards