AVIC411.com

Settings lost at new restart

Hi everyone,

so I did a search and haven't found the answers I need.

The problem is that a few settings are lost every time I turn the car on.

1) CUSTOM ILLUMICOLOR - when saving my custom color choice, I tried pressing the memory button for 1, 10, 30, 60 sec and it still loses it. How do I save it permanently?

(I know there's a way, it worked before but I had to unplug my battery and lost everything)

2) SCREEN BRIGHTNESS - setting is lost every time the unit is restarted; it goes back to 100% brightness even if I set it up to 50%.

3) LANGUAGE FOR GPS - setting goes back to Jason (english US) even if I set it on Samantha TTS (english); also happens every time I restart the car.

The rest seems to be kept in memory...I really wish Pioneer had integrated a "Apply" or "Save" button in all the settings menus.

4) CONTACTS - is there a way to chose which contacts to upload? when transfering, the unit stores only a certain number of contacts starting alphabetically...since I have over 2000 contacts and the unit is limited, any contact in a later order is not added....really annoying! Anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Danyboy

Funny thing is, some options stay saved, and the ones listed are reset.

The AVIC has volatile as well as non-volatile memory, some settings stay saved even without power.

Radio presets for example are volatile, so they get wiped when power is removed.

I don't see how it can be a false installation...

For the last few months, the units was keeping my color & voice setting; i lost them only after disconnecting the battery...and now the unit doesn't keep them.

If it was a false installation, it would have never worked, no?

Could be a loose connection somewhere. Maybe they ran a dedicated power line from the battery?

I don't think they ran a dedicated power line from the battery...should they have?

Problem is that the unit was installed a few months ago, so dropping there for troubleshooting is not an easy task.

Anyways, I'll go see the installer to see if he can figure it out.

t

Is there a way to test the constant power on the unit? Or do I have to open up the dash to get there?

I don't think they ran a dedicated power line from the battery...should they have?

Problem is that the unit was installed a few months ago, so dropping there for troubleshooting is not an easy task.

Anyways, I'll go see the installer to see if he can figure it out.

t

Is there a way to test the constant power on the unit? Or do I have to open up the dash to get there?

A dedicated line is only normally needed for amps, not headunits.

You can sorta test it if it's really quiet and you can hear the fan on the AVIC; If it stops as soon as you remove ACC power, then there's no constant. If the fan continues to run for about 15 seconds after ACC power is removed, then there is constant power.

Otherwise, you would have to get behind the unit and test leads.

A dedicated line is only normally needed for amps, not headunits.

You can sorta test it if it's really quiet and you can hear the fan on the AVIC; If it stops as soon as you remove ACC power, then there's no constant. If the fan continues to run for about 15 seconds after ACC power is removed, then there is constant power.

Otherwise, you would have to get behind the unit and test leads.

Thanks for the imput! :-D I'll try that fan test to see...

They're really small issues but God it's annoying! lol

hi mate this is a simple answere to this, you swap the red with the yellow, is to do with the power,

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/manuals/AVIC-F900BT/index.html

download the AVIC-F900BT_installation_manual_EN_FR_DE_NL_IT_ES pdf

its on page 10 called connecting the power cord, hope this helped

I checked the manual and they do say that, depending of the car, you sometimes have to switch the red/yellow wires...

Nice finding! Just a pain to get behind the unit to try that...but definitively worth a try :D