AVIC411.com

F700BT black screen and a phrase

Hello everyone, I'm new member of this community and I hope that you all will accept me as a family member.

Few days ago I've bought used Pioneer F700bt. It was lagging a little bit. When I powered up the device, the black screen apperead with a phrase: ''Caution, the screen may appear reversed'', then I pressed the map button and went straight to the GPS. The unit was using 1.90000 software I guess. And suddenly, yesterday, I started my car, the unit powered up and the same screen image apperead, but I can not exit it. I've tried pressing all the buttons and screen, but notthing appreas to be working. When I put the cd in, it starts playing songs, and i can skip the songs and adjust the volume.

So my quoestions would be:

Could someone tell how to repair the problem that I'm having and could someone give me a working guide with all working links, how can I update to newer version ? Also, can I update it straight from the official pioneer website? But I don't have documents and manuals off the unit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually just fixed it myself. When the boot screen is showing press the reset button, menu, map, and eject all at once. I did it and the system rebooted but once you can access the settings make sure your back up camera setting is turned to off. I had that setting on and that's what caused the problem...hope it works for you too! Take a look at page 136 on this manual for step by step instructions...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-F700BT_OperationManual0722.pdf

I actually just fixed it myself. When the boot screen is showing press the reset button, menu, map, and eject all at once. I did it and the system rebooted but once you can access the settings make sure your back up camera setting is turned to off. I had that setting on and that's what caused the problem...hope it works for you too! Take a look at page 136 on this manual for step by step instructions...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-F700BT_OperationManual0722.pdf

Tried this yesterday, it lasted for a little while then reverts back to camera on...Must be something failing in the software or memory...Michael