AVIC411.com

bluetooth & iphone4 issues

I am having trouble getting my iphone 4 to work with the bluetooth on my F90BT...

When the phone is ringing it comes through on the car speakers, but when the call is answered it switches back to the iphone (so you can't hear the person unless you put the phone up to your ear). I've tried messing around with it, but can't get it to work properly.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble getting my iphone 4 to work with the bluetooth on my F90BT...

When the phone is ringing it comes through on the car speakers, but when the call is answered it switches back to the iphone (so you can't hear the person unless you put the phone up to your ear). I've tried messing around with it, but can't get it to work properly.

Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue on my F700BT, But as far as talking to the other caller throught the phone, I have been able to hit the option on the phone for it to manually go through the radio and that works fine. But when I make a call it goes through the speakers on its own. I have been searching the forums for an answer.

• 3 months later...

Any suggestions?

I hate to say it, but it's user error. The head unit is working as it should. To put it in NOOB terms, the iphone is like a keyboard to a computer. The type of keyboard (basic or Gaming)has different options and the computer although unchanged, reacts diffent. Simply put, the iphone is an enhanced keyboard and will react as defined by its' IOS manual.

By all means don't take this personal, as I too would never read the manual. What made me read the full not quick start manual, was when I noticed one day, that the majority or people having problems with tech were old dogs (persons 60yrs to 80yrs old). I'm not an old dog, so i adapted to the changes in tech, as should everyone.

OK! OK! Finally -----The Solution!

According to the latest iphone4 IOS; If you touch the iphone to receive calls, the iphone will auto re-route audio to the iphone (as in private call mode when BT connected, usefull when your girlfriend calls and your wife is in the car), So basically just accept the call by touching the Avic touch screen, not your iphone.

Note, I do not have or use an iphone, but I've helped many by reading the manual while updating thier phone for them (The old dogs iphones). Furhture more, IOS updates SUCK, they take forever, I could have read the manual 20 times.

Again nothing personal, as I don't like reading manuals, it has nothing to do with what i do, but helps friends out with ADHD! This is just a friendly reminder that if you don't fully understand the tech you using, a hacker does, and will rob you when you're out of town, because you forgot to turn off GPS PIC TAGS when posting to Facebook.