AVIC411.com

POI SEARCH EN ROUTE

Not exactly effective as if you used this feature you'd soon realize that it does NOT take into account the direction you are traveling and/or the 'route' at all. I believe that was the point of the original question.

In short, the answer is NO, and best thing you can do is to take your eyes off the road at 70MPH and try to figure out if the POI is ahead behind or another direction from where you want to go by way of the map icon next to the name of the POI that shows up.

This is just in about 100 other weak features that even the basic GM stock navigation system does better than this over rated POS. For example, in the local search or vicinity search on what should be the less worthy unit from a looser car company, it will have an arrow that points the direction the POI is in relation to your location. NOT so with the Pioneer.

So, let's recap, NO , there's no Search POI on Route button, and doing the Vicinity Search is a burdonsome task at best.

Oh year, one last thing, when you are in the Vicinity search screen, the unit does NOT update the data in that screen until you back out to the map and then start again, so while you are trying to find a POI iin FRONT of you and not behind you as you are driving, by the time you get to the sixth one on the list , using the manual map icon to see for yourself which direction the POI's are, and finding they are all the wrong way, by the time you get to the other's the DISTANCE is off my as many miles as you've driving from first starting the effort.

The dissapointment in all of this isn't that it's not doable due to even the level of technology in the current software OS, but instead that the company simply doesn't take the time to use their own products or steal even the most simple good features from what a simple portable model can do. The hardware and OS can handle any of these things. its just not offered, and that's the real problem.

A similar problem is why muti destination routes are totally useless, espescially with regard to POI and Nav Traffic services. Hint = if you put in a multi point destination that uses the same freeway/highway to go back in the opposite direction such as in a round trip, why does the so navigation system insist on forcing route changes based on traffic information for the other direction of traffic when you won't be driving that way for quite some time into the future. Likewise, if your first couple of destinations are on small surface streets and you won't hit the freeway for a long time , the system still will inform you of traffic on a road you won't be using for a long time ahead.

Why so picky about this problem? Answer is very simple. Becuase ALL the 'engineers' have to do is to simply program the system to only care about POI and Nav Traffic for the GREEN LINE portion of the multi destinatio route, and not worry about the FUTURE parts of the route, which the system does know is different from the current as it is in the color BLUE.

System looks cool, screen is amazing even in bright sunlight, etc, but the garbage in equals garbage out applies to every OS system and this one is dumber than a box of rocks.

Whew, now I KNOW i'm going to get some heat from some loyalists, but if you do want to correct me, I'd love to know I'm wrong about this stuff, really , really wish I'm so very wrong, and look forward to anyone who can tell me how these features can work the way it should.

Thanks !!

Not exactly effective as if you used this feature you'd soon realize that it does NOT take into account the direction you are traveling and/or the 'route' at all. I believe that was the point of the original question.

In short, the answer is NO, and best thing you can do is to take your eyes off the road at 70MPH and try to figure out if the POI is ahead behind or another direction from where you want to go by way of the map icon next to the name of the POI that shows up.

This is just in about 100 other weak features that even the basic GM stock navigation system does better than this over rated POS. For example, in the local search or vicinity search on what should be the less worthy unit from a looser car company, it will have an arrow that points the direction the POI is in relation to your location. NOT so with the Pioneer.

So, let's recap, NO , there's no Search POI on Route button, and doing the Vicinity Search is a burdonsome task at best.

Oh year, one last thing, when you are in the Vicinity search screen, the unit does NOT update the data in that screen until you back out to the map and then start again, so while you are trying to find a POI iin FRONT of you and not behind you as you are driving, by the time you get to the sixth one on the list , using the manual map icon to see for yourself which direction the POI's are, and finding they are all the wrong way, by the time you get to the other's the DISTANCE is off my as many miles as you've driving from first starting the effort.

The dissapointment in all of this isn't that it's not doable due to even the level of technology in the current software OS, but instead that the company simply doesn't take the time to use their own products or steal even the most simple good features from what a simple portable model can do. The hardware and OS can handle any of these things. its just not offered, and that's the real problem.

A similar problem is why muti destination routes are totally useless, espescially with regard to POI and Nav Traffic services. Hint = if you put in a multi point destination that uses the same freeway/highway to go back in the opposite direction such as in a round trip, why does the so navigation system insist on forcing route changes based on traffic information for the other direction of traffic when you won't be driving that way for quite some time into the future. Likewise, if your first couple of destinations are on small surface streets and you won't hit the freeway for a long time , the system still will inform you of traffic on a road you won't be using for a long time ahead.

Why so picky about this problem? Answer is very simple. Becuase ALL the 'engineers' have to do is to simply program the system to only care about POI and Nav Traffic for the GREEN LINE portion of the multi destinatio route, and not worry about the FUTURE parts of the route, which the system does know is different from the current as it is in the color BLUE.

System looks cool, screen is amazing even in bright sunlight, etc, but the garbage in equals garbage out applies to every OS system and this one is dumber than a box of rocks.

Whew, now I KNOW i'm going to get some heat from some loyalists, but if you do want to correct me, I'd love to know I'm wrong about this stuff, really , really wish I'm so very wrong, and look forward to anyone who can tell me how these features can work the way it should.

Thanks !!

Thanks !!