AVIC411.com

Parking Break Lead Wire screwy & Car doesn't stop moving on Nav

The Unit: AVIC-d2

The Problems : 1 The parking break lead wire seems to be malfunctioning. I followed the green cable to the switch above the parking break mechanism and it is connected however when I press the parking break down, the unit will unlock momentarily allowing me the functionality to change preferences. However less then a moment later it will come up with an error screen saying there is something wrong with the connection and to check the operators manual. Im sure im doing something wrong to fix this so any help would be really appreciated.

The Problem: 2 The car doesn't seem to stop moving on the Nav screen. IT will be following me fine on the roads while i am moving, but if i hit a red light the arrow on the screen continues to move. Every once in a while it will say i'm a couple hundred yards in the ocean. After trying the factory reset with no success i believe there may be something wrong with the internal Gyro sensors. According to pioneer they want me to take the unit out, pay 200 dollars ship it to them and have them fix it and send it back. Not being a car electronic aficionado i believe i would probably do more damage to the system trying to remove it and ship it, not to mention driving around for a couple weeks with a big whole in my dash board.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is any one in my area, Morristown NJ who would be interested in coming and taking a look and maybe fixing the problems for me I would compensate them for their time.

Thanks you in advanced for your help!!

-Alex