AVIC411.com

Eco Graph

Ok, so I've been playing with this for a while in hopes of lighting up all the animals and the big tree . . . lol . . .

but

If the navigator doesn't know the speed limits for a particular street I'm on, how does it decide if I'm driving "economically", so to speak?

If I'm going 65 on the highway, the speed limit, that's as eco as I can get.

Yet, I believe the x920 feels this is too fast, and therefore not eco.

does anyone know what makes the eco graph tick, as far as what it wants for ultimate eco driving?

It's a silly option, but everyone who gets in my car thinks it's fun

Are you seriously going to put that much effort into this feature? Who knows if it really works and who cares? But no, I have no idea.

A kid, around thirty years old, was fixing a hole in my roof last week.

He has already seen five tours of duty in Iraq, and one in Afghanastan, and is now de-militarized.

To quote him fairly accurately: "The only reason we're over there is for the oil, and they hate us for it. I drive a Neon. It gets 40mpg"

As others like him die needlessly so we can drive gas-guzzling, over-sized trucks, SUV's etc, I don't mind fiddling with this thing in the hopes that it might save me 15% in fuel usage.

As big, oil company profits hit record highs, and Dick Cheney's Haliburton stock rises and kids like this are slaughtered supporting them, I actually DO care.

I wish the troops didn't have to be over there, but unlike many people, at least I am trying to do something to help them come home alive. But thanks for your input anyway