AVIC411.com

MotionX Drive (GPS app to the Head unit 1$)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysgHA51AX-k&feature=player_embedded

Hey guys. I have been lurking here for a while and I thought I'd finaly show up as an actual member. Currently own a AVH-P4200DVD and I recently purchased on iTunes app store the MotionX drive. The video pretty much describes it pretty much. Its a great app and a much better option than the u220 add on. For 1$ its hard to argue. Though

I do have 1 question for you guys. If any of you own the 4200/4300/3200/3300 and an iPhone. Can someone confirm that the iPod function is working correctly? I have the GPS function working properly, which must be played under iPod/Video. The issue is, I can SEE and HEAR the GPS over my movies but I CANNOT play my ipod songs. If anyone knows how I can fix this issue, I would be so greatful.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul. Sorry but this is a question and not a reply to your issue, How did you manage to get the GPS/video to play on your Pioneer? I have a 4300 and I love it, but when I plug the phone the GPS does not show up on the screen.

You mention ipod/video.. what else after that? is there a set up in MotionX that needs to be enable?

If and when I can make it work I can play around with the issue of the music.

I do have anothter question.. which cables are you using for connecting the radio to your iphone?

I notice that to watch video you need Pioneer 200 one. The Headset 3.5mm plug with the 3 bands seems to be the key.

Thank you for any information you can pass down.

maspadaro

Adding to my last post....

It seems that if you want to watch video from your ipod to the pioneer avhp4300 you need the pioneer cable. The Requirement seems to be the 3.5mm 4post plug. if you put a 3 post one it doesnt show video (the 4 post one is for remote control that the apple gadgets use (mic,<>, pause, etc) I am not sure why but that is needed

On the motionx side. I can get sound from it but the video doesnt move to the HU and therefore not what I am looking for.

Hope some one can find the answer.

mas