AVIC411.com

Don't mean to beat on a dead horse...

hey guys

i know this topic has been beaten to heck, but trust me when i say that i've spent over an hour on google and on this forums reading up on the problem but all the solutions haven't fixed mine..

I just installed my AVIC F700BT today and like so many people here, I plugged my iphone 3GS into the adapter (genuine Pioneer one), connected the USB, connected the RCAs. the unit recognized the iphone but the cursed problem arose...NO SOUND. i checked and rechecked the AV settings and ensured AV1 was set on "ipod", i even tried different combinations of "AV1: iPod, AV2: video", etc etc and still nothing. i updated the unit to 2.0008 as well and still the problem persists. i yanked the unit out and made sure i had the RCAs in the "AV Input" plugs and still nothing...

I'm kinda bummed this isn't working. Can you guys help?

PS: as a side note, i got this unit from my friend. the iPod cable didn't work with the phone either (bought the iPhone off him too). i tried plugging in my friend's iPhone 4 today too, and its the same problem. i'm thinking about trouble shooting it tomorrow by plugging in a RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable to the unit and see if that works.

so found the problem today..

i took the unit out and double checked my connections because my steering controls stopped working and it turns out that the plug for that module and the AV IN/OUT harness came off too. i plugged it in and voila! the iPod cable works flawlessly. i'm really happy that it works now. makes me wonder what the problem is when the unit was in my friend's car because when i took it out for him, all the connections were still in tact