AVIC411.com

ROUTE AVOIDANCE: How to move cursor to next turn location (next route segment)

N-S-E-W, BorisM, abb1, diaftia, misterblue, IDT or any other expect:

As many of you know already, the AVOIDANCE COMMANDS, such as Avoid Road/Street, Avoid Maneuver, Avoid X km or X miles on the current road, issued during navigation are NOT working in many, if not all of our mods (mine included). The problem is that the iGo command relies solely on the actual cursor position along the calcalated route, but this cursor DOES NOT increase to match the next route segment during navigation, turn after turn. So if you issue AVOIDANCE commands immediately after route calcalation or recalculation (before the first turn has occurred), it actually works, but after that, no more luck because the cursor remains static on the first turn.

Maybe there is a way but I can't seem to be able to find a way to get the current "route segment index" of the calculated route versus the current GPS location ...

So I (with MB) have tried by creating an OBSERVER model based on change of "distance to next turn", and by increasing the route segment index based on this parameter (i.e. if distance to next turn is greater than previous logged distance, increase the index counter and change the cursor to this new location). This method was a hit-and-miss, not reliable at all and probably CPU intensive (as the distance change every second)!

Any suggestion?

Any help would be greately appreciated!

For now I have not found other solutions for this :wink:

This method was a hit-and-miss, not reliable at all and probably CPU intensive (as the distance change every second)!

I already use a watch of this type for my mod MB-IDT3.0-5 (release not public at time) and i have not seen a slowdown of running the avic?!