AVIC411.com

Z120BT Navigation Problem

Pretty sure you just touch the red&white arrow (in expanded search) in left corner to change to the "heading up" view, might also have to do with 2d or 3d and how you have map set for detail (I use 3d at a closeup setting and it is always heading up). Check the owners manual there is one on pioneers site:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-Z120BT_OperationManual110910.pdf

Pretty sure you just touch the red&white arrow (in expanded search) in left corner to change to the "heading up" view, might also have to do with 2d or 3d and how you have map set for detail (I use 3d at a closeup setting and it is always heading up). Check the owners manual there is one on pioneers site:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-Z120BT_OperationManual110910.pdf

I'll try this when I get back in the car. It was working fine before. It just started a few days ago where the map literally spins cotinuously using the location as a pivot. I'll also try resetting into 3D and then back into 2D to see if it fixes itself.

I'll try this when I get back in the car. It was working fine before. It just started a few days ago where the map literally spins cotinuously using the location as a pivot. I'll also try resetting into 3D and then back into 2D to see if it fixes itself.

Yes, it sounds like the g-sensor is wacky, so the unit thinks you are turning. Try resetting all the sensors so they will re-calibrate (see pg 149 in the Z120 manual). Then drive for a few miles.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same kind of problem with navigation sometimes on a F20BT. It happens usually when I make a stop on a long trip (after about 2-3 hours driving). After restart it starts to rotate like you described. I checked once the sensor status, and it really shoved a right turn on a straight road. Probably the G sensor did not initialized correctly, or did not finished the init phase before I moved on. Unfortunately the unit does not have a power-off button, so I had to stop again, wait for the afterrun, and power-up again to have the sensor reseted. After a short while it found and shoved my position correctly.

I tried once only resetting the G-sensor without power-off, but it never found my position again after that. It was somehow out of sync with the satellites. I had to do the power-off cycle, to make the navigation work again.

I think Pioneer has a bug here what they should fix in the firmware.