AVIC411.com

Pretty Sure my Preamps are blown (700BT)

When I turn on my car and consequently my audio system, I get a noise out of all 4 of my speakers. It sounds like an AM radio station that isn't coming in at all. Like its just "frequency" if that makes any sense.

This noise does NOT get louder when you turn the volume up.

If there is no music on, you can hear it pretty blatantly, but when you turn the volume up on the 700BT it goes away...or more like the music is louder than the noise so you can't hear it anymore.

But it still concerned me because i didn't want to do any damage to my amp or speakers.

To Figure out what the cause is, I did the following:

Using a cable... (red/white on one end and a head phone jack on the other end)I plugged my ipod directly into the front channel on my external amp that I use for my speakers. There was no "frequency" noise.

So this would lead me to believe its either the RCA cables going from the 700BT to the amp, or the F700BT itself.

I plugged a different RCA cable into the 700BTs preouts and then to my external amp and I still have the noise.

Anyone know whats going on with my 700BT? Is it toast? Can it be fixed under warranty?