AVIC411.com

Z3 - Most Buttons and Touchscreen Stopped working

I've had my Z1/3 for about 6 years. I replaced the harddrive a few years ago with a z3, so I'm running z3 software on z1 hardware. I moved it to a new car in July. I have the bypass applied. I've never had issues with the unit.

Until about 3 weeks ago...

The buttons and touchscreen started getting finicky. Now it has almost all stopped responding.

On the remote, the volume buttons work (occasionally), and the Source button works all the time.

On the unit, the hard buttons, only the volume works and the eject button (but trying to set screen tilt by holding the eject button does not work)

On the unit, the touchscreen does not respond at all. The display, however, is still fine. If I change sources, I can see what I should be seeing.

I can scroll through and listen to all of my sources, AM/FM/XM, CD, Library, but I can't change songs or stations. I can't get to the map. So some works, most doesn't.

Am I dealing with a hardware issue? It seems like it. Is my unit on the way out?

My pleasure. You should check out the Z130 that is coming out this year, there are some exciting features that Pioneer put into it like built-in HD radio, new maps (customary, they always include new maps), an included traffic tuner (to replace MSN Direct, and the service for it is free), and Aha Radio for iPhone.

I think this will be the year I replace my Z3, mostly for the traffic tuner and free traffic service. I live in North County San Diego, and getting around in this place can be a real bitch a lot of the time.