AVIC411.com

Trouble Installing 920BT

Recently my AVIC-Z2 was stolen out of my car so I decided to upgrade to the 920BT as I was told it was a good drop in replacement since none of the wires were cut when the Z2 was stolen. However I finding out this isn't exactly true so these are my problems. By the way my car is a 2007 Scion tC.

1. The reverse wire on the Z2 informed the GPS that the car was in reverse. So I hooked the reverse wire of the 920 to the reverse light but now when I put the car in reverse it switches to the camera which I don't have. Is there a way to hook up the 920BT to let it know that the car is going in reverse or is this feature not in the 920 like it was in the Z2?

2. The GPS antenna is much shorter then the Z2 GPS wire. I had the Z2 antenna installed behind the moon roof where it wouldn't get obstructed. However the 920 GPS antenna wire won't reach that far. Any suggestions on where to mount the 920 GPS antenna?

These are the two main problems I'm having with the install at the moment. Any help or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated as these two things have been driving me crazy! Thanks in advanced.

U can de-activate the camera in settings so that it wont display the camera when in reverse gear.

Lots of users put their antennas underneath the dashboard.

1. Thanks...I didn't get a chance to go through the settings but I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

2. Didn't think that the antenna would pick up a GPS signal through the dashboard. I'll try that out but I think it is going to be a little hard in the tC. There isn't anything near the top of the dashboard to set the antenna on, especially once everything is put back together. As a last resort I guess I might just mount it on top of the dashboard.

1. Thanks...I didn't get a chance to go through the settings but I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

2. Didn't think that the antenna would pick up a GPS signal through the dashboard. I'll try that out but I think it is going to be a little hard in the tC. There isn't anything near the top of the dashboard to set the antenna on, especially once everything is put back together. As a last resort I guess I might just mount it on top of the dashboard.

I just stuck the wire through the dash defrost vent and have the little GPS antenna square sitting on the top of the dash, looks fine and doesn't stand out at all. and yes, it works just fine.