AVIC411.com

Clean cabling not possible?

Got a Z120BT coming. Is the CD-IU50V required if all I need to do is play audio and Pandora from my iPhone 4? I also would like to use the APP mode if it's added to the Z120BT in the future.

I have one of these flush mounted in my glove box:

http://www.pac-audio...1&CategoryID=31

USBCBL.jpg

If the CD-IU50V is required, I won't be able to use that USB port I've already installed.

Well you can use the cable that came with the phone and a cable from the headphone jack but who wants to bother with plugging and unplugging two cables from their phone every time when you can do it with one. So the answer is yes, it is required. And you can accomplish what APP mode will do right now with the 120.

Could I just install one of these then in the glove box next to where I installed that USB port?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iSimple+-+Dash-Mount+Audio+Input+Kit+(Basic+Install+Included)/9252159.p?id=1218068778944&skuId=9252159&st=PDM35&cp=1&lp=2

9252159_sa.jpg

The 3.5mm flush mount jack is only 3-pole though. Will it still work if all I want is audio playback and APP mode?

Wait, there are like two different questions being asked here.

If you want full audio/video functionality of the iPhone, you're going to need the Pioneer cable.

If you want to stealth it, you'll need a USB and a 4 pole 3.5mm in addition to the Pioneer cable.

Yes, I don't want to remove that flush mounted USB port I put in my glovebox. If I need the Pioneer cable to get full functionality, I'll need to find a flush-mountable 4-pole 3.5mm jack. The only flush-mountable 3.5mm jack I've found is the one I linked to above at Best Buy, BUT it's only 3-pole. What feature(s) do I lose if I use that 3-pole 3.5mm jack?

So other than video not being available, ALL other features will work?

I can live with that. I don't have any videos on my iPhone anyway.

Yeah, that 4th pole is the composite video out. You'll just have audio without it.

No netflix, movies, music videos, etc.