AVIC411.com

Light switch bypass help

I bought a z1 from a friend and put it in my gmc Sierra classic 07. The bypass with the light switch on and off worked for him but isn't working for me. Please help me figure this out!!!

If it's not working, then 1 of 2 things happened...

1) You or your friend did a firmware or map update. This renders the light flash bypass inoperable and will require the '2 wire bypass'. See the sticky post about the 2 wire bypass.

2) You did not properly connect the "ILL" illuniation wire on the back of the Z.

Since the firmware and maps on your drive are over 5 years old, I highly recomend doing the 2 wire bypass and updating. If nothing else, at least do the free firmware update from Pioneer. Once you do the 2 wire bypass, it will still work with all current updates.

If it's not working, then 1 of 2 things happened...

1) You or your friend did a firmware or map update. This renders the light flash bypass inoperable and will require the '2 wire bypass'. See the sticky post about the 2 wire bypass.

2) You did not properly connect the "ILL" illuniation wire on the back of the Z.

Since the firmware and maps on your drive are over 5 years old, I highly recomend doing the 2 wire bypass and updating. If nothing else, at least do the free firmware update from Pioneer. Once you do the 2 wire bypass, it will still work with all current updates.

I second Garret HD upgrade suggestion.