AVIC411.com

Z3 Not Ejecting or Tilting

My Avic Z3 has just stopped ejecting and tilting out of the blue. I have tried every type of reset. The only thing I see that is strange is it says updating on the upper-right side of the screen.

I know the DVD works, as there is currently a dvd in there and plays properly.

Thanks for he help.

My Avic Z3 has just stopped ejecting and tilting out of the blue. I have tried every type of reset. The only thing I see that is strange is it says updating on the upper-right side of the screen.

Thanks for he help.

"Updating" in the upper right has to do with XM Nav Traffic and nothing to do with the tilt. Can you hear the tilt motor start when you hit eject? If you hit eject, can you help guide it open with your hand? It is fairly common for the gear to come off the track and bind the screen.

• 3 months later...

Im now having the same problem. did you get it fixed?

Thanks for he help.

I am having the same issue with AVIC Z1. I do not hear the motor when the unit comes on. The screen is stuck in the closed position. Is there a way to ope it manually? Everything else is working fine. Not sure wht to do to get screen to open.

There is a way to manually open it for repair, but it must be removed from the vehicle. Manual open slot is on the bottom.

• 1 month later...

Mine started doing this about a month ago. I'm thinking about just getting a Z that's otherwise broke. I found one on flea-bay (180705459835)

my concern is that I would rather not preform major surgery but switching out my display seems pretty easy.

The question: Has anyone done a display transplant here? Am I biting off more than a average joe can chew? My tunes work now just can't add new ones.