AVIC411.com

fixed bluetooth distortion

I had the same problem a lot of people have reported here with my X920BT and horrible bluetooth call quality. I could hear the other person fine but to them I sounded garbled and impossible to understand. I was convinced it was not a mic placement issue because a. voice recognition worked fine and b. even if I spoke directly in front of/into the mic I had the same distortion problem.

Anyway, I tried moving the the mic after a few months and now the sound quality is pretty good, huge improvement. So if you are having this issue and have not tried moving the mic yet definitely give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

From where to where?

Mine currently sits between the roof and the front windshield exaclty in the middle of the car(pretty much right above the rear view). I have it rotated to point directly at my head. Occasionally I have issues with the caller not hearing me. I can always hear them. It seems pretty random.

I moved mine to pretty much the same location as yours. Originally it was in the center of the dash, below the head unit (my car has a built in cubby hole/opening there).

From where to where?

Mine currently sits between the roof and the front windshield exaclty in the middle of the car(pretty much right above the rear view). I have it rotated to point directly at my head. Occasionally I have issues with the caller not hearing me. I can always hear them. It seems pretty random.