AVIC411.com

Installation Problem of 920BT on a VOLVO S80 2001

Unfortunately Volvo has that info you need in the Can-Bus network. A british company Connects2 offers a Can-Bus reader for many european brands but they do not list the S80 is a model that is applied. However, it does work on some other models. I have not found a steering wheel interface for any Volvo model that uses Can-Bus for communication between the radio and steering wheel. You can get away without using VSS on Pioneer's AVICs and still achieve simple Hybrid mode. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately Volvo has that info you need in the Can-Bus network. A british company Connects2 offers a Can-Bus reader for many european brands but they do not list the S80 is a model that is applied. However, it does work on some other models. I have not found a steering wheel interface for any Volvo model that uses Can-Bus for communication between the radio and steering wheel. You can get away without using VSS on Pioneer's AVICs and still achieve simple Hybrid mode. Good luck.

hi S157,

"You can get away without using VSS on Pioneer's AVICs and still achieve simple Hybrid mode. " excuse me, i don't unterstand, what dose it mean?

"You can get away without using VSS on Pioneer's AVICs and still achieve simple Hybrid mode. " excuse me, i don't unterstand, what dose it mean?

it simply means that you dont HAVE to have the VSS wire connected for the nav to work, it will function fine with out it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
so first the Speed Signal. Where schould I conect the speed Signal?

well since no one has any info on where this wire could be, you have two options, A: start poking around with a meter until you find it or B: dont hook it up.

the secend problem is How can i let the steer Wheel control, there is not a direct conection between the buttons and the Device, is it?
well since PAC has nothing listed on there website, and metra doesn't list a module that is compatible with the car, it looks like you are probably SOL on getting steering wheel controls to work with that radio.

alot of times the speed sensor is located at the Cruise Control

and alot of times there is also a speed sensor wire located in one of the harness's that go into the dash cluster

something you could do is just stop in Best Buy and ask one of there mobil install ppl if they could look it up for you they have access to all of this stuff atleast they did for 3 of my cars that i had to find out where it was

something you could do is just stop in Best Buy and ask one of there mobil install ppl if they could look it up for you they have access to all of this stuff atleast they did for 3 of my cars that i had to find out where it was

already check all that software for him, as mentioned before, nothing is listed.

the problem could be that if that car is new enough to have a CAN system instead of ODB, then those signals would be transmitted through the CANbus, and not through a dedicated line.