AVIC411.com

Adapt 2007 Acura TL AM/FM Antenna to Z1

I was wondering if anyone had messed with the newer Honda/Acuras lately. I'm putting a Z1 in a 2007 TL, and it has a really oddball antenna plug. It uses a little square connector with an RF side and 1 pin on the other side that has 12 volts on it with the radio on. I assume this is for the factory antenna amplifier. I can't find any antenna adapters anywhere, and I'm trying to not have to hack up the factory harness and solder on a standard antenna end.

Thanks for the model number. I found the Scosche one, but there are no dealers in town. Hopefully I'll be able to find the metra tomorrow. It's funny because even metra doesn't show there being an adapter available for the TL, but that one you mentioned looks exactly like the plug in the car.

I looked at a 2006 Acura TSX for a while and loved the OEM nav. What are the pros and cons compared to the Z1, for those who have used both?

I know this is a bit of a silly question, because if I bought the Acura I would certainly get the OEM for the ideal system integation, and if I got a VW Jetta GLI (which I did) I can't get the Acura OEM, but I'm still very curious.

Thanks,

Andy

One more quick question. Do you know where I'd find the Vss and reverse wires in the 07 TL? I ordered a service manual, but so far it's not here.

Reverse Light green + driver kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense blue/white ECM/PCM, white 31 pin plug, pin 11

Notes: The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side.

merry xmas