AVIC411.com

Basic question about start-up time: what if you don't wait?

I don't have the unit (yet?). I can see my wife being very irritated if we have to wait for half a minute when we start the car. I assume that if we just start moving right away, then we can eventually "accept" the usage warning and begin navigation when the unit is ready to go, right?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I saw some very big complaints about start-up time in various places and for me this would not be an issue if the above is true, as I almost always know the basic direction to begin moving.

Thanks,

Andy

Also, if you're backing up and have a camera installed, the unit displays the rear view instantly. I think you can also instantly adjust the volume.

Joe

Yeah.....I watch my rear view camera display (which comes on intantly) as I back out of the garage and go down the driveway. By the time I put it in drive there is music playing and I see the "ok" screen if I look down quick cuz my kids are very fast at hitting that "ok" every morning.

and the last music selection begins playing rather immediately

if it's from the hard drive then the music won't play until after boot up. Radio and CDs play immediatlely. Probably Ipods too, but I dont own one.

-mk

Depending on what you are playing dictates the delay before you hear sound.

I think the fasted to hear sound is:

Ipod

Followed by

Sat, Radio, CD

Hard drive library seems to take the longest to start playing.

mikek if you dont own one, how do you know? not trying to be smart but reliable info might be best coming from someone who knows. But either way, it doesnt matter much to me... I dont use the library. The boot up time is a big to do about nothing in my opinion, it is a little longer then the average, but your suppose to warm up your car prior to driving anyways.

mikek if you dont own one, how do you know? not trying to be smart but reliable info might be best coming from someone who knows. But either way, it doesnt matter much to me... I dont use the library. The boot up time is a big to do about nothing in my opinion, it is a little longer then the average, but your suppose to warm up your car prior to driving anyways.

I dont own an Ipod. I just figured (correctly) that Ipods would play immediately because you are not accessing the Z1 hard drive.

ohh ipod you dont own, not a z1. have you tried the library to see how long it takes? like i said i dont use that at all.

Once the Pioneer startup screen goes away then you hear music from your library.

Since you don't use the library, can I have your 10GB? :wink: