AVIC411.com

X930BT - Mirror AV - No video to rear

I am not getting any video to my rear monitors when I set my x930BT video out to "Mirror AV". I have tested "Disc" with a DVD and "iPod", these both work fine. Anybody know a setting that I may have wrong or another reason why I wouldn't have rear monitor video when "Mirror AV" is selected?

First thing is to make sure that your rear monitors are in fact connected to the video out of the X930. Also, since the X930 only has 1 video out it cannot connect directly to each of your rear monitors. it would go into "Monitor A" that would then be connected to "Monitor B". "Monitor B" will receive the video from "Monitor A".

since the X930 only has 1 video out it cannot connect directly to each of your rear monitors. it would go into "Monitor A" that would then be connected to "Monitor B". "Monitor B" will receive the video from "Monitor A".

this is not entirely true, he could be just using a simple RCA splitter to split the video up to the two different monitors (with only having two monitors, the signal loss should not be bad enough for this option to not work) or he could be using a amplified video splitter to sen the video signals to both monitors.

since the video is being outputted from DVD and Ipod, this makes me think that he has is plugged into the correct place, i wonder if the 930 just doesnt output any thing if a video source is not playing, this is how the previous units worked.

since the video is being outputted from DVD and Ipod, this makes me think that he has is plugged into the correct place, i wonder if the 930 just doesnt output any thing if a video source is not playing, this is how the previous units worked.

yeah I misunderstood. when he said "I have tested "Disc" with a DVD and "iPod", these both work fine." i thought he meant that the DVD and iPod sources do play on the front nav screen as they should.

Lumber, what source are you trying to display on the rear screen?

Users manual says:

"When selecting "Rear View" in the map display, nothing is displayed"

"When playing back video files on the external storage device (USB, SD), the video image is not output"

Thank you for the replies. I ended up finding that same excerpt in the manual about the external media not playing through the video out. That blows, but at least I can stop trying to figure out why it isn't working. The issue was that I was trying to play a video off of an SD card inserted in the front of the unit. When I have a DVD playing on the head-unit and set the 2nd zone to "Mirror AV", everything plays fine.

Thanks again for the help. Even with this limitation, I am very happy with the x930BT. I've got it feeding a pair of Vizualogic headrest monitors in the back of my 2011 GMC Acadia.