AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z120BT in europe ?

Hi .

I live in Denmark and has some relatives in US (Wash DC) the price of an AVIC-Z120BT is 50 % less then a Pioneer AVIC-F20BT . But is it possible to buy A Z120BT or similar and make it work here in Denmark , regarding maps,radio etc

Did you look in the Hack/Mods sub-forum? It would require installing the EU update ( F10BT -> F20BT ) on a US Z110BT. I'm not sure you can do this on a US Z120BT, since the version numbers are checked first, and it will only install the update if the new version number is greater than the existing one.

To be honest, I haven't kept up with this particular issue, but I recall a discussion of converting a US Z110bt to an F20BT. I'm not sure that Z120bt -> F20BT was discussed. Search the Hacks/Mods forum.

Also be aware that the DVD drive on a Z110BT is region locked to region 1 (North America). I suspect that the FM frequency stepping is controlled by the software, so it might be OK. US FM frequencies are always odd (ie 98.7, 98.9, 99.1....) and have a separation of 0.2. Whereas EU frequencies step by 0.1. I would verify that updating the software to the EU version fixes this or be ready to accept loosing half of your FM stations to save $$$$$.