AVIC411.com

My usb thumb drive is recognized by the system but the music on it doesn't show on the display. I removed the music from the thumb drive and formated it. Put new music on it and the same thing. Its recognized, it goes from gray out to full color on the thumb drive icon but when you go into it nothing shows up (no music)

Anyone had this problem?

Make sure is formatted with FAT16 or FAT32. Playable file types should be MP3, AAC, WAV, AVI, WMA, and MPEG-4 The file organization shouldn't affect it (all my music is on the root of my SD card). As far as I can tell you can only shuffle songs within one folder (which is why all my music is in root). It might be different for USB drives though.

This files were there before and the system was able to find them for like 2 years now. I took the thumb drive out and formated (fat 32) of course and that did not work. I also used a different thumb drive from my friends radio (same unit) and his recognizes the music but mine doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i did a little more research with the system. It looks like the system is able to recognized the stuff that is plugged to it like the USB drive and the SD card but it wont recognized the stuff on them. Now I formated both of them, installed music on both of them and install the latest firmware on the SD card and still have the same problem. System pulls the things up (usb and sd) but wont see the stuff in them. Any ideas????

• 4 months later...

any ideas anyone.

So far this is what i got...

USB was tested on another radio and it worked

SD and USB drives are having the same issues

SD/USB are recognized but none of the information inside them shows up

I disconnected the battery to reset radio/I also press the reset button with the stylus on the radio

I tried a different usb that I was using on a different car and that didnt work either

I formatted the usb as per this forums and still no luck

any ideas please...I currently have the radio but cannot play any music from usb/sd card

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hey were you able to figure this out? i have to same problem except when you first insert the usb or sd card, it will play the song for about 30sec and the music stops and theres no information on the screen. you can switch the source from usb to sd but no sound or information. fm/am and cd works but nothing for usb and sd.