AVIC411.com

Definitive F9 series/ X9 series breakdown?

Having pored over the forums all weekend, learning all kinds of new things about my F900BT, I am left confused about the various models.

I was wondering if there was a post (I've searched in the forums but only found snippets) detailing the various F9-- models and comparing them?

It appears, based on my searches:

F910 is F900 with new knob

X series SW will run on F series (Are the abb and daftia mods based on the X910 apps?)

I'm confused as to the actual difference between the F900BT and the X900BT, and likewise for the 910s. THey look the same, and the SW appears to run on either unit. I saw mention in one thread about X900/X910 being sold to dealers, but that seems a weak statement.

I ask because I apparently inadvertently scored when I picked up a F900, due to the hacking options and mods available. As such, I want to grab another for our other vehicle, and wanted to know if I should stay with the F900/F910 or if I can just as easily expand my search to include the X900/X910 (I do understand the X920/X930 are different units and not (as) hackable.

Jim

There is no US F910. The F910 is the EU version of the X910. And what I should have said was, "In the US, there is no F910 or X900". If you are in the US the models you need to be concerned about are the F90/900BT and X910. The 90 has 4 volt pre outs and was the last unit to carry the Premier name. Other then that all F and X series units are the same hardware unit.