AVIC411.com

CNSD-250FM MAP update - AVIC-F500BT

Pioneer (USA) offers it online for $99 plus shipping ($189 from the parts people).

One tech rep claimed that Card A was an OS update to 3.0, with 2010 maps on B. Another (in a diff dept.) finally admitted she had no clue if the OS upgrade was included.

I ordered today and should know more in a week, if NE1 is interested. Cheers.

I figured out how to do a B/U on the F500. With the update, testmode brought up the CE screen when I booted the F500. it would not boot before. I found that having a testmode subdirectory within a testmode directory does not work; not sure how that happened.

Having no keyboard, I found that the plastic end of a Cross pen works as a stylus to tap and drag, somewhat. Clearing out all but the

For a moment, I thought the unit was actually going to 'talk' to my desktop via a USB cable, and there are settings within CE that seem to offer that possibility, but it's not working for me yet. Sure wish I had a keyboard added to this stylus to work with.

Does anyone use a keyboard of some sort with the F500?

I got an unopened F500BT and just got the latest update from Pioneer for $99, marked down from $120. The update got here fast, but had no instructions, the website had only FAQs and 'Walkthru" for the F700 and both of the online pdf instruction manual files were corrupted. Nice work, Pioneer.

I took a chance and found, as a prev post said, the required device number was not listed in the service settings. It is now, after trying card A. It came up right after booting from the card, so i used my desktop to get the password and printed it. the install failed at about 6%, allowed the restart, then completed; took about 20 minutes, then asked if I wanted to keep the splash screen or choose another. I will try their 'new' Samantha which hopefully, won't suck like the last one. <not much change>

Changes? APL 2.006 > 4.0001

Data 1.0004 > 3.0000

Map > 3.0000

CE Img 6.0.5.0> 6.5.0.7

So CE was upgraded and new maps, plus the key sound changed slightly. I have little time with the unit, so cannot judge much else.

Card B would did not boot.

Testmode worked, finally and I copied the entire MyFlashDisk to an SD. I think that's what some asked for to decide if other could gain from the files for their systems.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a second unit , for learning and probable in another car use. The Pio SD cards would not allow an update due to password; big surprise. The 2010 maps may not work with FW earlier than 4, but I am messing with this other one; just short of bricking it.

Methinks I will try to do the hacks from here, like FW3+, etc.

Also, I figured out how to bring up the keyboard, but have nothing to type, yet. Ihad been able to find it in the Control Panel (properties only) but only after a few calibrations of the screen was I able to click the taskbar icon, activating it.

Still looking for a decent CE help source.

ALWAYS looking for help and suggestions.

If you're running iGO 8.3.2, you don't need the maps and PIO from official pioneer update disks. I use the maps from Here and also found some latest PIOs for iGo 8.3.2 from other websites. Some of the custom mod for other F series units also work on F500 but the learning curve is steep...

If you're running iGO 8.3.2, you don't need the maps and PIO from official pioneer update disks. I use the maps from Here and also found some latest PIOs for iGo 8.3.2 from other websites. Some of the custom mod for other F series units also work on F500 but the learning curve is steep...

Sttep and frustrating, indeed!

If I could only find out which version of iGo... EZRider is dated 5/29/10. Is that 8.3.2?

I'd like to change the 500 to FW 3.01, but am having problems finding and d/l it. I am not crazy about paying 10 Euros for the privilege of trying to d/l files that may not even work.

Thanks.

If you go into testmode and check the property of the EZRIDER.EXE file, you find the version number under "Product Version". The map files are installed in "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\MAP", you can simply download the new maps and transfer them over under testmode, reboot the system and see if it pick the new maps. Of course, don't forget to backup your old maps.

If you go into testmode and check the property of the EZRIDER.EXE file, you find the version number under "Product Version". The map files are installed in "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\MAP", you can simply download the new maps and transfer them over under testmode, reboot the system and see if it pick the new maps. Of course, don't forget to backup your old maps.

Nope. Not there. I had checked and rechecked just now. Only the 5.99 mb size and the date modified of 5/19/2010. It probably comes up when run, but I cannot run it.

With TestMode Ver 2.3 I seem to have lost the utility programs I had and the copy screen is new, replacing the WinDoz desktop I had.

Thanks for the help.

Restored the utils and the Pio startup, but not much function on unit 2. Unit 1 is fine with these maps and FW, but the Pio directions suffer locally in the F500BTt as well as the D3. The POIs leave a LOT to be desired as does the digital voice commands.

It also needs the mods I read about in 3.1. I'll install them after I get more comfy with practice on unit two.