AVIC411.com

A few questions after updating...

Question 1:

After upgrading I lost my splash screen (background) (I had to format my SD for the upgrade)... I made a folder named "Picture" but it didn't work. I also made "Music" and it worked... I just want to change my background/splash screen... Do I just drag the pictures to the root of the SD card or I make a folder with a name (if name what name should it be???)

Question 2:

I've done transfers before for my iPhone (3GS before, now 4), I have Address Book on my Macs that are sync to my iPhone. The First name is correct, last name too. However my main question is while transferring to the unit, it adds the Last name first. How do I get around this to fix this? Really annoying to me. For example when I wanted to call someone I was saying the first name first and I have to say (Last name, then first name)... just gets annoying... I have quite a few people with the same last names and it then gets me a list to say which number to call...

Question 3:

It's not actually related to the unit itself but while using the navigation I noticed it didn't have my business listed. It had the other businesses similar to mine in that category listed. How do I get my business listed? Does anyone know, once again I know this is not related to the unit itself but I'd really appreciate if anyone knew.

I didn't think I'd start more threads based on my different questions so I figured I'd try them all in this thread.

Question 1:

After upgrading I lost my splash screen (background) (I had to format my SD for the upgrade)... I made a folder named "Picture" but it didn't work. I also made "Music" and it worked... I just want to change my background/splash screen... Do I just drag the pictures to the root of the SD card or I make a folder with a name (if name what name should it be???)

From the manual (pg 99 for Z110-BT):

Changing to the splash screen stored in the SD memory card

You can change the splash screen that appears when the navigation system starts. Copy your chosen image to the SD memory card,and select the image to import.

Splash screen images should be used within the following formats;

— BMP or JPEG files

— Allowable horizontal and vertical size are 2 592 pixels x 1 944 pixels or smaller

— Allowable data size is 6MB or smaller Proper compatibility with allowable files is not guaranteed.

Imported original images will be stored in the built-in memory, but the ability to save these images cannot be guaranteed completely. If your original image data is deleted, insert the SD memory card again and re-import the original image.

1 Create a folder named “Pictures†on the top-most directory of the SD memory card and store the picture files in this folder.

2 Store the picture files in “Picturesâ€.

3 Insert an SD memory card into the SD card slot. For more details of the operation, refer to Inserting and ejecting an SD memory card on page 29.

4 Display the “System Settings†screen.

5 Touch [splash Screen].

The “Select Splash Screen†screen appears.

6 Touch [select from SD].

The “Select Splash Screen†screen appears.

7 Touch the image to use as the splash screen from the list.

The image is displayed on the screen.

8 Touch [OK].

The image is set as the splash screen, and the system returns to the “System Settings†menu

Question 2:

I've done transfers before for my iPhone (3GS before, now 4), I have Address Book on my Macs that are sync to my iPhone. The First name is correct, last name too. However my main question is while transferring to the unit, it adds the Last name first. How do I get around this to fix this? Really annoying to me. For example when I wanted to call someone I was saying the first name first and I have to say (Last name, then first name)... just gets annoying... I have quite a few people with the same last names and it then gets me a list to say which number to call...

I think that's just the way it works. There are other threads on this subject. Use search.

Question 3:

It's not actually related to the unit itself but while using the navigation I noticed it didn't have my business listed. It had the other businesses similar to mine in that category listed. How do I get my business listed? Does anyone know, once again I know this is not related to the unit itself but I'd really appreciate if anyone knew.

I didn't think I'd start more threads based on my different questions so I figured I'd try them all in this thread.

No idea. I'd bet there is money involved, since Pioneer must buy this info from somewhere. Try Pioneer support. When you find out how, post that info please.

Thank you RonS... I did make the folder "Pictures" but apparently I had sub-folders in it and it didn't work. I had sub-folders in the music folder and it worked so that was my mistake I guess...

I did wish the phone contact would transfer correcting for me. I'm really organized in my contacts and have an OCD that if it isn't correctly labeled or listed. Guess I have to live through it.

Thank you for the idea to contact Pioneer support, because I googled and searched but no luck. I'd pay for sure. It's funny because I been here for over 2 years now. This new business opened up (small business) near me and they are already listed. I asked them and they didn't know. I got myself listed on Google, Yahoo, etc.. but oh wells.

Once again thank you for your help.