AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z120BT in Malaysia

Hi,

I'm new and currently looking for HU and come across AVICZ120BT which i think suit my requirements. Unfortunately, one of the mechanic said that the units is a US version and cannot work in Malaysia. FYI, i live in Malaysia and there's no HU with GPS in Pioneer Malaysia website. Anyone can advise whether i can use the HU or not? Definitely i need to find/purchase Malaysia map, but what about DVD Player, Radio Tuner and the rest of the functions. Thanking you all in advanced.

Hi,

I'm new and currently looking for HU and come across AVICZ120BT which i think suit my requirements. Unfortunately, one of the mechanic said that the units is a US version and cannot work in Malaysia. FYI, i live in Malaysia and there's no HU with GPS in Pioneer Malaysia website. Anyone can advise whether i can use the HU or not? Definitely i need to find/purchase Malaysia map, but what about DVD Player, Radio Tuner and the rest of the functions. Thanking you all in advanced.

Forget about the GPS. You won't find any maps. For a US Z120, the FM tuner will only tune to odd frequencies - 98.1, 98.3, 98.5.... Most of the world doesn't have that restriction. Not sure about Malaysia. The DVD in a US unit will be locked to region #1 (North America).

So basically, for your money you'll get an expensive and fancy iPod/MP3/MP4 player and crippled FM radio. Oh, yeah, AM radio should work just fine.

Forget about the GPS. You won't find any maps. For a US Z120, the FM tuner will only tune to odd frequencies - 98.1, 98.3, 98.5.... Most of the world doesn't have that restriction. Not sure about Malaysia. The DVD in a US unit will be locked to region #1 (North America).

So basically, for your money you'll get an expensive and fancy iPod/MP3/MP4 player and crippled FM radio. Oh, yeah, AM radio should work just fine.

Thanks Ron for your respond. I'll pass then...

European equivalents are F20bt and F30bt, which might be a better bet.....

European units

Don't know if there are any Malaysian maps available though.. :???:

I think I checked a while ago when a similar issue came up, and the Pionner Far-East website didnt even list a model based on the Z1x00-BT or Fx0bt design. So I suspect there are no maps. Agreed, the other versions would be more compatible for the FM radio (also the AU version). I suspect the US Z1x00 prices have lured the OP.

I think I checked a while ago when a similar issue came up, and the Pionner Far-East website didnt even list a model based on the Z1x00-BT or Fx0bt design. So I suspect there are no maps. Agreed, the other versions would be more compatible for the FM radio (also the AU version). I suspect the US Z1x00 prices have lured the OP.

I've browse thru Pioneer Malaysia websites and found out no DVD Player + GPS. All the models start with AVH. So i guess i have to wait longer. Thanks for your input and respond. Really appreciate it.