AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Issue with iPhone

Hi Folks,

I've had this problem for like 2 years now, and it is really making me mad.

Ok, so I have an F900BT unit, with XM radio and USB input. I also have an iPhone 3GS.

When I first had the unit, before doing ANY updates at all, the iPhone would pair correctly and I could use it nicely. If I was on the phone when the bluetooth paired, it would switch my call over to the pioneer and it would continue on hands free. When I stopped where I was going and opened the door to leave the truck, the phone would change back to iPhone as the source and i could continue my phone call.

Then came the update in 2009. Was that 3.0? Either way, along with the update I also did a bluetooth update. Since that moment, my bluetooth no longer works as it should.

If I am on the phone when I get in the truck, once the bluetooth pairs the call goes into limbo. The iphone switches the call to "pioneer navi" as the source, but the pioneer never does anything with it. I have to change the source back to iphone in order to finish the call. THAT happens on a daily basis and is annoying. If I want to talk and drive, then that call has to ORIGINATE once the bluetooth is already paired.

Now, if I am on the bluetooth talking when I get to my destination, turning off the car and opening the door causes my call to DROP. Period. There is no hand-off back to the iphone, the call is just gone. So, when I get to where I am going, I have to sit in my car and finish my conversation, otherwise the call drops.

Tonight I went thru the gamut of changing bluetooth software versions to see if it would help. From Pioneer's website, I tried versions 2.90 and 3.3. Someone on the forums had posted a link to 3.60, and I tried that tool

All 3 versions did the EXACT same thing. Now, this worked correctly when i first got my iphone. And yes, each time I upgraded firmware i first removed the pairing from both sides (from the f900bt and my iphone), then turned the iphone OFF, then installed the new firmware and once that was done turned off the car and opened the door, so the unit would have a fresh reboot with the new version in it.

Nothing. Still works the same. Has anyone else had this issue? Can ANYONE help at all? Where do i go from here?!?

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not a fix but a workaround is to manually turn off BT on iPhone you arrive at destination. This will cut out navi connection and prevent drop of call. Pita but works. Same issue here on 90BT + iPhone 4.

Just upgraded to an iPhone 4 with ios5 and this is still happening :(

Is there ANY model I can upgrade to that doesnt do this? I'd rather not leave the pioneer family, since I have the GPS, XM, etc, but this is something I use on a daily basis and this is way too long out of hand. I need something that works.