AVIC411.com

Cant restart after 3.0 update

I installed the 3.0 updates & at the end I am supposed to press & hold restart icon as well as the eject. The screen says the restart does not work, also cant get out of windows in order to play radio or anything. Any suggestions? Also was this F700 a factory radio for the 2009 kia sportage cause I see other talks about factory for newer models with kia.

• 1 month later...

I installed the 3.0 updates & at the end I am supposed to press & hold restart icon as well as the eject. The screen says the restart does not work, also cant get out of windows in order to play radio or anything. Any suggestions? Also was this F700 a factory radio for the 2009 kia sportage cause I see other talks about factory for newer models with kia.

I had the same problem and fixed it with help from this forum.

Let me start by telling you I AM NOT A COMPUTER GUY! and know very little about this sort of thing but here is what worked for me... I have a US model F700

1.Put the SD card in the unit and start the car this should bring you to "Test Mode" (blue windows screen)

2.Using a stylus go to the Start icon in the bottom left corner touch it and go up to "Settings" then to "Control Panel" once there select "Storage Device" select "DSK1" then click Format (this will give a warning promt that it will delete all files)click yes.Next click "New" and Name it "My Flash Disk" (use the keyboard icon in the bottom right of the screen to access he tiny keyboard)once you've done this close this page.

3.Click the top icon on the windows screen "My Device" click "SD Storge" click "Edit" "Select All" then "Copy"

close this out and Open "My Device" again... open "My Flash Disk" (it should be empty)click "Edit" then "Paste" it may prompt that a file already exsists do you wish to replace it...select "Yes to All"

this will take a while (over 30min for me) once it's done shut the car off,remove the SD card and Start the car again...it should now work and be 3.0

Note: this worked for me...I can't say this is the proper proceedure USE THIS INFO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Let me know if this works for you Good Luck

Nick

still didnt work i went in the storage media to format the DSK1 like you said but it gave me an error message saying unable to format. also it would not let me create th new folder My Flash Disk. so i still dont know whats going on.

I was told to not go the format route but it was the only thing that worked. You can try and highlight "DSK1" and select "Dismount" select "New" and rename it "My Flash Disk" when I tried this it gave the error "cannot create partition" but it may work.It took me a few tries to get it reformated...don't give up!

Hopefully some guys that know more can jump into this thread and help out.

Good luck and keep us posted

Nick