AVIC411.com

Yes, they are completely different series of units. The 1,2,3 are six year old technology. Don't even bother with them.

I'm not sure why you would say such a thing...the Z3 units are amazing...I have one in one of my cars right now and it has features that none of the new ones have...

The Z series can rip a CD right to the harddrive for custom libraries and playback later without the CDs. Of course, if you don't use CDs anymore then that may not be a feature you would want. Movie playback is great on them as well.

Granted, I am purchasing a z130 for another car but I wouldn't pass up some of the great deals out there on the Z series!

I'm not sure why you would say such a thing...the Z3 units are amazing...I have one in one of my cars right now and it has features that none of the new ones have...

The Z series can rip a CD right to the harddrive for custom libraries and playback later without the CDs. Of course, if you don't use CDs anymore then that may not be a feature you would want. Movie playback is great on them as well.

Granted, I am purchasing a z130 for another car but I wouldn't pass up some of the great deals out there on the Z series!

I agree with this post. I would honestly weigh the pros and cons of each unit before deciding. The fact that the Z1/2/3 series is fairly old shouldn't stop one from considering it. I still use a Z3 with 2009 maps and have no issues or even much of a desire to move up to a Z130.

I should also add that the Z-series has an IR sensor on them...so you can use all kinds of remotes such as the steering wheel remote or even another one for the back seat to control movies.

The new units (don't ask me why - and correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't even come with IR built in forcing you to buy more stuff for something that should be built in!

So take that into consideration too if you will want remotes :)