AVIC411.com

z130 crossover vs amp crossover???

whats everyones preference..

should i use the corssover lpf, hpf levels etc...in the z130 or use the functions on the amps???

i am kind of thinking the radio so that i have the flexibility to easiliy adjust...

whats everyones preference???

I set the amp LPF to the highest and gain to a setting higher than I would ever use, and use the HU to adjust the filters. I also have a remote pot to fine-tune the gain. My amp is under the passenger seat, so it isn't possible to adjust it on the road.

my sub amp (MA-2000D) only has a LPF. it does not allow me to run it any other way (full range). i would like to be able to control the LPF (50,80,150) by the head unit but i cant. i would try it both ways if you able to and see how you like the sound.

This is what I meant. Set the sub amp LPF to it's highest setting - say 180 for example. So it will emit all frequencies below (lower than) 180Hz. BTW, mine also has a setting for the low end cutt-off frequency, which I set to the lowest (20Hz). If the sub driver can't handle that low - I can always bump it up. But this isn't necessary.

On the AVIC, go to AV Sound/Sound Stage and turn it OFF (or it disables HPF). Then go AV Sound Settings/Sub Woofer to set the REAL LPF value you want. Let's say 120. Only frequencies below that value will be sent to the sub amp (therefore, as long as your sub setting is set to max, you can use this to control the effective LPF). Now in AVSound Settings, set the HPF to whatever pleases you, say 63Hz. Only freq above that will go to your front/rear speakers. So in my example - my sub handles 20-120Hz and the HU speakers get 63 and up. It is OK if these frequency ranges overlap - as long as their respective speakers can handle it. Done.

If your sub amp has a remote gain nob, you can use that to customize your sub power level as required without touching either the sub or HU settings.

I hope this clarifies what I was getting at. It allows you to do most of the fine adjustment from the HU (and quick tweeks with the sub remote).