AVIC411.com

Info on new Auto EQ on the z130bt?

I am kind of curious about this new function. Has anyone who has purchased the z130 also purchased the optional mic for it and tried the Auto EQ? I am curious just how good it works. IE how close to flat it gets your EQ curve based on your cars internal acoustic properties. Also wondering if it has a built in pink noise generator to accomplish this?

• 5 months later...

Just set it up myself. I used a mic from my Onkyo home stereo. The manual is a little confusing when following the directions. Basically turn off the car, roll up windows, shut off ac/heat/fan, turn key to acc, set sound source to OFF, toggle the rear display to mirror (touch the iPod icon a couple of times), position the mic on the driver's headrest, go into AV setup and press the Auto EQ. A count down timer starts, get out of car and let it do its thing.

I had trouble getting out and closing the door. The door closing messed up the countdown timer when the mic picked it up. Instead I rolled the window down, pressed start, then auto-closed the window from outside the car.

Yes there is a pink noise generator in the unit. It cycles through each speaker a couple of times. Results were darn good for me. Maybe they would be a tad better with the OEM Pioneer mic.

Once setup, you can then turn Auto EQ on or off in the equalizer screen. The odd thing though is when "on", you have no idea what each level is set to. Instead the EQ curves show a static color image. The sound was definitely better than me manually setting levels by ear.

• 3 weeks later...