AVIC411.com

Just ordered z130BT need advice

Hello,

I was in the market for a new Nav. unit in my Saleen F150. Didn't know much about this unit, but was offered one for $850, and saw they were going for $1,000+ so I pulled the trigger. (I used to have a Z2, but the features on this unit seemed more appealing).

I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd chime in with some questions while my 130BT is on its way. (Sorry in advance if these questions have been asked already)

First question is about the Ipod cable. Is this necessary if you're using an iphone? I thought you could sync your phone to the BT and no cables were necessary.

I want to purchase the XM adapter. What is the best model # for this?

Lastly, I tried to do some research on .avi files and whether this unit could support. Can anyone chime in on whats the best way to play .avi files downloaded from the internet? (I.E. torrents?)Do you put them on a flash? ipod? or cd? I'm not very tech savvy with the lingo. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

BT will just give you slightly fancier control than you would get wit a BT headset. Phone, and stereo audio. (It will display more info, and handles Voice Recognition dialing). The cable adds a much enhanced control of the iPhone. Especially the music/video playback. The HU builds a catalog/database for voice recognition (VR) by album, artist, song. On the 120/130 is adds more - like Pandora - directly from the AVIC.

Basically, very much of the iPhone/iPod functionality and control can be done from the AVIC touch-screen. Enough that I just keep it in my glove box. Of course, there are other apps and functions on the phone you can't control from the HU, it doesn't replicate the whole user interface.

I don't play videos while driving (2-seater - I'm too busy driving - and the passenger is holding-on for dear life :mrgreen:), so I'm not an expert on this. But many who do them store the videos on the iPhone/iPod. Yes, you can also play videos from CD/DVD/SD, but many will require re-formating and it can be tedious. The back of the User's Manual has some of the supported formats. BTW, if you don't have yours yet, you can download it from http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-Z130BT_OperationManual020811.pdf

BT will just give you slightly fancier control than you would get wit a BT headset. Phone, and stereo audio. (It will display more info, and handles Voice Recognition dialing). The cable adds a much enhanced control of the iPhone. Especially the music/video playback. The HU builds a catalog/database for voice recognition (VR) by album, artist, song. On the 120/130 is adds more - like Pandora - directly from the AVIC.

Basically, very much of the iPhone/iPod functionality and control can be done from the AVIC touch-screen. Enough that I just keep it in my glove box. Of course, there are other apps and functions on the phone you can't control from the HU, it doesn't replicate the whole user interface.

I don't play videos while driving (2-seater - I'm too busy driving - and the passenger is holding-on for dear life :mrgreen:), so I'm not an expert on this. But many who do them store the videos on the iPhone/iPod. Yes, you can also play videos from CD/DVD/SD, but many will require re-formating and it can be tedious. The back of the User's Manual has some of the supported formats. BTW, if you don't have yours yet, you can

this guy said it all. The cable give you enough features to just get it. Plus if you have an iphone you probably want a car charger and this also give you this functionality.

There is only one interface for xm its made by pioneer I think. (there may be more but pioneer is going to be the best one for their unit)

They also make one for sirrus too and then i believe theres one for sirrus and xm if you want both.