AVIC411.com

probs after updating hd3

Hi to all,

I live in holland and have a hd3 (z2 in the states) had the same freezing problems could not find anything in europe until i found this site (great site) so i found out that i can use the firmware update for Z2 updated the hd3 without any problems the freezing is untill now not happened but there is a strange thing that i cann't find the text in the gps menu disapeared i see only the icons without text it is realy difficult can anyone help me.......Does the Z2 firmware update anything with fonts...

Belodic

Hi to all,

I live in holland and have a hd3 (z2 in the states) had the same freezing problems could not find anything in europe until i found this site (great site) so i found out that i can use the firmware update for Z2 updated the hd3 without any problems the freezing is untill now not happened but there is a strange thing that i cann't find the text in the gps menu disapeared i see only the icons without text it is realy difficult can anyone help me.......Does the Z2 firmware update anything with fonts...

Belodic

I assume you used the official Pioneer version for the Z2 from here ? :

freeze update

I used that myself on my HD3 (now HD3-II) without any problems....

Thanks,

i used the files from this site not that from the pioneer site ("AVIC-HD3 Freezing issues for AUSSIES!") is this the wrong firmware if yes can i update again with the official firmware from the pioneer site?

I know of a number of Dutch HD3 users, including myself, who have succesfully used the patch from the USA site. As the australian one is seemingly different, I would suggest NOT to use it on the European version(s)...

I don't know if you can use the USA firmware after installing the australian version, I would suggest to just try it :mrgreen:

if i put a new hdd in it will i get back my text for gps back or will it be the same there is a person in the netherlands who sells hdd with the latest maps iám considering to buy a new hdd

Hello

I live in the UK and my HD3 has worked perfectly since installation in September 2007. Recently it started freezing on startup and after searching the net I ended up installing the Aussie upgrade from this site..........................Big Mistake.

Since then:

1. My unit no longer dispalys the street names that I am driving along

2. The time/date appear to have changed to the Asia timezone.

3. My unit now struggles to pick up my exact location. I have tried manually adjusting to my approximate location, but it just looses my location very quickly after I start a journey.

Firstly I tried to overwrite with the US firmware also on this site. After I inserted the CD in the drive the message read CD ROM, but no further action was taken. When I put the Aussie version in previously, it kicked in automatically. The US version doesn't appear to start automatically.

I have resorted to purchasing a new HD with the current UK maps and UK software/firmware. I have yet to receive this, but I expect it to arrive by the end of the week. I'm hoping this will fix my issues, but I'm not entirely convinced. I will report back on my progress when it arrives!

Cheers

Howie

Firstly I tried to overwrite with the US firmware also on this site. After I inserted the CD in the drive the message read CD ROM, but no further action was taken. When I put the Aussie version in previously, it kicked in automatically. The US version doesn't appear to start automatically.

I have resorted to purchasing a new HD with the current UK maps and UK software/firmware. I have yet to receive this, but I expect it to arrive by the end of the week. I'm hoping this will fix my issues, but I'm not entirely convinced. I will report back on my progress when it arrives!

Cheers

Howie

The US version also starts automatically, however, as you previously installed the Australian version, the unit probably assumes the update is already done, and so will not re-apply....

• 2 weeks later...

Howie,

I have exact the same problems have done the same things without any result i hope that the new HD will work and if you can let me know this i will be very pleased.

I eventually received the new hard drive today and fitted it. I am happy to report that it fixed all my problems. I can only conclude that the Aussie firmware which is pinned in the thread above does not work with European Units. When I installed the new hard drive a progress bar appeared as it updated the firmware back to the european version. Everything is working as it was before the freezing issue occurred.

I will PM you the exact details of what I purchased.

I will also post in the thread above to warn other european users who may be tempted to do the Aussie update.