AVIC411.com

Possible to use factory Sirius w/ x930BT?

Hi all,

Thinking about purchasing a x930BT for my '08 Mustang. I have Sirius integrated OEM. My question is this.. Must I purchase the Pioneer Sirius tuner, etc.

for the x930BT or is it possible to use the factory Sirius tuner that is already present?

Thanks to all that reply!

On a side note Sirius might make you pay for another subscription. They wouldn't let me transfer from my factory radio to my aftermarket.

Appreciate the heads up. The "one year free" subscription that came with my purchase has obviously long since expired and I've "re-upped" it continuously. I can't imagine what they'd have to do with that now...?

as long as your in normal paying mode, you can change any tuner you want to on your account (as long as you dont have the "life time of the unit" payed for)with out having to pay for "another subscription"

however you can not transfer any remaining balance of any "free for X amount of months" to any other tuner

• 2 weeks later...

as long as your in normal paying mode, you can change any tuner you want to on your account (as long as you dont have the "life time of the unit" payed for)with out having to pay for "another subscription"

however you can not transfer any remaining balance of any "free for X amount of months" to any other tuner

That was my mistake. I paid for a lifetime on my factory unit not realizing I couldn't transfer it. Lesson learned the hard way. :oops::wacko:

i've always been told that if you have a lifetime subscription, that you can transfer it to another tuner a limited amount of times, you usually have to pay around $70-$80 for it, also if you complain enough they will usually allow some exceptions

• 4 weeks later...

i've always been told that if you have a lifetime subscription, that you can transfer it to another tuner a limited amount of times, you usually have to pay around $70-$80 for it, also if you complain enough they will usually allow some exceptions

They wouldn't do it for me.

Yeah I've transferred a number of times to different radios... just an FYI this time they charged me 15 bucks. Must be a new thing. Of course the customer service rep. hardly spoke English and it took forever to just change it so asking her to waive it was a lost cause. They did send me a "How''d we do?" form and I frankly replied I thought it was BS.. Won't help though...