AVIC411.com

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have had my Z2 for about 4 years or so and have done the firmware update about 2 years ago. It recently started to freeze again at start up. After being on the pioneer page for about 2-3 mins the radio, cd, dvd, xm, play fine until you try to listen to hdd music, then it freezes and does not want to play any of the recorded music. Turn the radio off and it goes through the same process and also doing the reset button. Does this mean that hard drive has completely failed now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really spent alot of money on this unit and would hate to not be able to fix it.

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have had my Z2 for about 4 years or so and have done the firmware update about 2 years ago. It recently started to freeze again at start up. After being on the pioneer page for about 2-3 mins the radio, cd, dvd, xm, play fine until you try to listen to hdd music, then it freezes and does not want to play any of the recorded music. Turn the radio off and it goes through the same process and also doing the reset button. Does this mean that hard drive has completely failed now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really spent alot of money on this unit and would hate to not be able to fix it.

Does everything work fine until you play music on the hdd? It could be possible that the drive is failing...

Does everything work fine until you play music on the hdd? It could be possible that the drive is failing...

Other than it taking longer to boot up yes everything else plays fine. But as soon as I put it on hdd music it freezes.

I see that you do hard drive upgrades. Do you have any more? Do you think that will solve my problem by replacing the hdd?

Thanks, Larry