AVIC411.com

Restarts to Default Settings

Hey Guys,

After getting my car serviced (and having the battery replaced) every time I start my car my Pioneer AVIC F90BT asks me to select my language & GPS voice and resets to all defaults settings. Any suggestions on how to stop this from occurring?

Thanks,

Jordan

Do you also have to reset the presets? It sounds like the yellow wire to the unit is not going directly to the battery, but may be shutting off with the key. It should be always live. Just a thought, but hope it leads into the direction for the correct answer.

hg

Harvey,

Just checked - the presets do not reset. Not sure if that changes anything?

Jordan

Do you also have to reset the presets? It sounds like the yellow wire to the unit is not going directly to the battery, but may be shutting off with the key. It should be always live. Just a thought, but hope it leads into the direction for the correct answer.

hg

It was just a 'maybe' thought, but doesn't sound like it. What I might try is to hold in the reset button for 5 seconds, then see if that cures it (you will have to reset everything, but only once if it works). The reset button is in the top left corner of the unit. You will need something small to get it (like a toothpick or similar). Anytime I've had probs, I use a reset and everything has seemed to be okay afterwards (except the aggravation of haveing to put all my own settings back in). Past this, I'm sorry, I have no other ideas. Good luck.

hg