AVIC411.com

CDDB Update!

In my quest on snooping around the web and in checking out the European Z1 called AVIC-HD1BT I found that Pioneer has given the eurpoean guys a latest version of the Gracenote CDDB. I havent tried it on my system to see if it works. To be honest I dont think it will because of the differences in European artists and CD releases.

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVICHD1BT.html

There is the link if anyone wants to try it out, and let us know if it works. But I'd thought I'd let everyone know what I found.

post-3504-12872751500977_thumb.jpg

Actually, I think the American one is newer. EU is May and US is June although the version numbers are different. But, maybe that is just a housekeeping thing to tell them apart.

Did you notice that Pioneer says, "The Gracenote CDDB database for your AVIC-Z1 is updated every 6 months". They are getting a little behind... Hope it comes out soon. I have a three albums that do not show up...

Assuming that CDDB is updated on a regular basis, and not once every 6 month/year, then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Pioneer to honor their 6 month commitment. CDDB is a database that, I assume, is "live". In other words, as new CDs come out, they get added to the database. I'm sure that Pioneer just takes a snapshot of the database and makes it available to their customers. They probably modify the data into a format comptible with the AVIC as ECDDB seems to be only Pioneer.

action

Assuming that CDDB is updated on a regular basis, and not once every 6 month/year, then I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Pioneer to honor their 6 month commitment. CDDB is a database that, I assume, is "live". In other words, as new CDs come out, they get added to the database. I'm sure that Pioneer just takes a snapshot of the database and makes it available to their customers. They probably modify the data into a format comptible with the AVIC as ECDDB seems to be only Pioneer.

action

well thats the problem. people assume. They (gracenote) only update there database evry 6-8 months. Thats fine, but then Pioneer has to make it work for their product. While all this is going on there are working on other products, updating other things(NAV) and trying to run a company.

in short.... waaaahhhhhhhh