AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 sound problem

Hey guys, the D2 I have has a strange problem that Pioneer wasn't able to duplicate when I returned the unit for a warranty repair. The problem I have is the radio and nav functions both have sound, but no sound is heard when the cd or aux functions are active. The Pioneer repair center says all functions work properly when they tested it. Any idea what could be the issue? The vehicle is a 1997 Acura 3.0CL. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Yeah, the factory amp in the car is turning off when you switch to one of those sources. To fix the problem you have 2 options.

1. Pull out the avic and disconnect the blue wire of the avic harness from the honda harness. Then connect the blue/white wire from the avic harness to the wire that was hooked up to the blue wire.

2. With the ignition on, push and hold the source button, that will turn off avic. Once it's off push on the joystick. That'll bring up the initial menu. You want the option all the way to the right. It should say "Auto Antenna Radio". Push that button and it should change to "Auto Antenna Source". Then just hit escape in the lower right corner. Turn the avic on and test it should work fine. I don't know if your avic is bypassed, if it's not, you might have to have the parking brake set to get that menu to show up. Don't quote me on that though, I don't remember.

All in all have fun hope it all works out for you.