AVIC411.com

Avic Z1 will not pair with my iPhone 3GS

First off I would like to say hello to everyone and thank you for all of your interesting topics and mods. I'm the proud new owner of an Avic Z1 and I can't wait to unlock all of it's potential.

I just swapped out my 8000bt for the Avic Z1 and was really excited until I discovered that my iPhone cannot connect with the deck. Yes, I have a ND-BT1 and my phone can pickup the signal but I cannot pair saying "please check that the unit is in range or ready to be paired". On the deck itself all of the phone settings are greyed out so there is no option for connecting via the deck. When the unit Is powered on it says on he bottom of the screen "a bluetooth unit has been connected". I believe that this unit has had the mod whereby you can watch DVDs and control the navigation when the car is moving. Is this where my problem lies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the near future I will attempt a z3 update, but in the meantime a fix for this would be great.

Thanks

First off I would like to say hello to everyone and thank you for all of your interesting topics and mods. I'm the proud new owner of an Avic Z1 and I can't wait to unlock all of it's potential.

I just swapped out my 8000bt for the Avic Z1 and was really excited until I discovered that my iPhone cannot connect with the deck. Yes, I have a ND-BT1 and my phone can pickup the signal but I cannot pair saying "please check that the unit is in range or ready to be paired". On the deck itself all of the phone settings are greyed out so there is no option for connecting via the deck. When the unit Is powered on it says on he bottom of the screen "a bluetooth unit has been connected". I believe that this unit has had the mod whereby you can watch DVDs and control the navigation when the car is moving. Is this where my problem lies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the near future I will attempt a z3 update, but in the meantime a fix for this would be great.

Thanks

Try pairing it with another type of phone, if that works, then you'll know the Z1 is OK.

If not, then investigate further.

If it does work with another phone, then your Iphone is the problem. If you've jailbreaked the thing, then that might be the cause. If it's an original, it should work. I know it always worked with mine but I had to start the connection from the NAVI, not from the Iphone.

• 1 year later...