AVIC411.com

Phone Call Issue - F90BT

Hi all,

I was hoping you can help with a frustrating issue. My F90BT's bluetooth connection has been working fine for a few years and recently when I make or receive a call I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me. The bluetooth connection is stable and the caller can hear some background noise but that's it.

I figured it was just a bad mic so I tested it today with an adapter and my iPhone and I could do voice recordings fine. I have previously deleted the phone connection and reconnected but that did not resolve the problem. I also tried my work iPhone and had the same issue.

The only other interesting thing is that if I press the buttons on my cell phone I can hear the key tone on the connected call.

My next step is to wipe out and reinstall the 3.x (?) map / system update I paid for a while ago but would like to avoid that if possible as I have a feeling it will be a waste of my time.

Any thoughts on what this can be? The Navi works fine otherwise and the bluetooth connects to two phones without issue.

Tonight I tried to re-install the 3.x firmware update. The navi would not go into update mode with the SD card so I chose the option to restore to factory settings from the menu. After it didn't read the card a second time I tried to re-pair my phones and now they both work!

So if anyone else has this issue just choose the option to restore to factory settings. It keeps the 3.x firmware update and seems to have resolved my issue :)