AVIC411.com

ipad and F-series

i tried hooking up my ipad through the usb jack and I get the song info and it shows to be playing but I am getting no sound. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Michael

Read your owner's manual....you need a cable that has L/R Audio and Video RCA jacks in addition to the USB connection. You also need to set AV1 to iPod in the configuration menu.

Does the cable come out of the apple jack or headphone jack? Thanks

Did you really read your owner's manual? There's a picture in it that should make it pretty clear and here's a direct quote from the section:

Connecting your iPod Using the USB interface cable for iPod enables you to connect your iPod to the navigation system. A USB interface cable for iPod (CD-IU230V)(sold separately) is required for connection.

Go buy a CD-IU230V and you should be good:

CD-IU230V

• 2 weeks later...

im so glad that im not a cheap broke ass that has to deal with returning a part a bunch of times just to save a few bucks!

i still love how people will buy on of the more expensive radios out there and then complain about how much the accessory's are.

first off, in the "pimping out your car" scene, you have to pay to play

second, MTV = My Time is Valuable!

anytime i have to waste disassembling my car to test and replace a cable is time that i am not working on somebody else's car that is paying me, therefore causes me to lose money. it wouldn't take more than once or twice for me to lose any money saved by buying a cheap cable.

you did buy an apple Ipod (one of the most expensive Mp3 players out there)when you could have just bought a sansa cruse, or a creative zen and also save a buttload of money.

would you guys like to know how to really save a lot of money, just buy a jensen HU, or a cheap Chinese knock off of a jensen unit, i mean if your going to have rock bottom quality of accessory's, you might as well get a headunit to match, and instead of pocketing $45, you could pocket hundreds of dollars.