AVIC411.com

I have the AVIC-Z1 unit in my car, and it is paired with an LG Ally. I can sync the BT just fine to make and receive calls. However, when trying to sync the phone book it will only sync a few numbers. There also seems to be no reason for it to pick the numbers that it does to sync, they are not recently called numbers on my phone, or my "favorites", or in any alphabetical order. It just seems random. On my previous phone I could send a number one by one to the unit, which was very time consuming. With this phone I only have the option of sharing the entire list of contacts at once. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I called Pioneer to find out if it was even possible to sync an Android phone with the Z1 unit. My response? It's Verizons problem. Gotta love it. In any case after searching the Android forums I did find one suggestion for another radio that I thought I would give a try. And it worked!

So if anyone else wants to know this, you need a program called “Bluetooth File Transfer†free from Android Market. Pair the phone with the Z1-Z3 unit. When the connection is established open the “Bluetooth File Transfer†application. Press the Menu button on the phone to bring up more options. Press the "Send Contacts" button on the phone touch screen. It will ask if you want to send one by one or all at once. I sent it all at once and it worked. Then select the numbers you want to send, or click "Select all" It will only send the contacts you select. Press the "Receive Vcard" on the Z1 unit (I think that is what it said) When the unit states it is ready to receive contacts, press send on the Android. It will then begin to send the contacts. Now for some reason the phone told me the transfer failed because the Z1 lacks some type of Object transfer file or something, but it still worked anyway.

Now, if Pioneer would come up with a firmware update to display and organize contacts more like our phone do, that would be awesome. I will start holding my breath now.