AVIC411.com

any luck with 910bt repair from pioneer

I have a 910bt that is stuck on reboot. It will give me the boot screen and then turns off. I have tried to load the factory file with no luck. I have tried to load the 1.3 firmware mod and I can get to the load screen and it takes the info then tells me to reset the unit. When I do (using the reset button), it goes right back to showing me the boot screen and shutting down. I don't see any other options to repair this unit. I have not seen a copy of another OS image floating around and I have read and read and read until my eyes bled. I am amazed that there are over 40 pages of issues with this unit. It seems like a good unit, but it is plagued with a few issues.

Anyway, as I have not been able to successfully reflash the unit or fix the problem, I am thinking of sending it in for repair. Has anyone tried the Pioneer factory repair for these units? The website shows it to be a $70 "diagnostic" fee that may be applied toward the repair. There are a few models that show a flat fee of $200 for whatever issues you have. I am afraid of getting gouged if I send it in. Is this a good thing? I have also seen a few postings on Ebay for repair services. They tend to be $150 for repair. If I send it in, how often does this issue come up with these units? Will I be sending it back in for repair in a few months?

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot get it to boot to testmode. All I get is the splash screen and after 5 seconds or so, nothing. I can boot into the wince upgrade screen by pressing the eject, menu, map and reset button. After it goes through the successful update and tells me to restart my system, I hit the reset button (this unit does not have a power button or any other reboot that I can find) and it takes me back to the stupid splash screen then goes black. Arggggggg. Am I screwing up the reset you system by hitting the reset button or am I not pressing the right sequence to get into the testmode function?

• 1 month later...