AVIC411.com

iPad needs two connections to get sound from Z120?

I purchased a real Pioneer wire (not off of ebay, from a legit source). It has two wires, I female USB and a input like the headphone jack.

When I hook up the IPAD to the 30 pin USB, I get no sound. When I use the other input wire (for headphones) I get no sound. I need to use both the 30 pin USB and the input wire to get sound from the IPAD to the headunit.

I tried going into settings and changing it from video to ipod and etc but nothing works.

Do I need a new wire that is IPAD and IPOD compatible?

I purchased a real Pioneer wire (not off of ebay, from a legit source). It has two wires, I female USB and a input like the headphone jack.

When I hook up the IPAD to the 30 pin USB, I get no sound. When I use the other input wire (for headphones) I get no sound. I need to use both the 30 pin USB and the input wire to get sound from the IPAD to the headunit.

I tried going into settings and changing it from video to ipod and etc but nothing works.

Do I need a new wire that is IPAD and IPOD compatible?

No, that's how it works. The 30-pin is all that plugs into the ipod (and I am asssuming iPad - don't have one). The other end breaks-out into female USB and male 4-conductor mini-plug. The mini-plug actually carries the stereo audio and video. All data/control functions are through the USB.

Don't confuse the mini plug with a headphone output of the ipod/pad. The Pioneer cable is line level audio. Just like you wouldn't connect the headphone-out of your DVD player to the input of your home stereo. You'd get some sound - but nowhere as good as line-level.

What does your owners manual say?

Ya know, between Google and the owners manual, there isn't really much need for this site. When you think about it, with YouTube, Google, the owners manual and the entire www at our fingertips why even come here any more? All hacks are on YouTube, all information regarding mods are on Google and Jesus help you if you ask a question you'll get "spoon fed", "google" and "owners manual".

Next time I post I'll be sure to include how to get Android OS to take over the Z120BT. Oh wait, you can get that on Google. My bad.

Ya know, between Google and the owners manual, there isn't really much need for this site. When you think about it, with YouTube, Google, the owners manual and the entire www at our fingertips why even come here any more? All hacks are on YouTube, all information regarding mods are on Google and Jesus help you if you ask a question you'll get "spoon fed", "google" and "owners manual".

Next time I post I'll be sure to include how to get Android OS to take over the Z120BT. Oh wait, you can get that on Google. My bad.

Most info and answers are already there (on the web and in the manuals), if you take the time and effort to look on your own. So what's your point? This site. and others like it, get the same questions over and over again. So many people don't make that effort. Posting on this site shouldn't be the first thing you do when a question pops into your head. It is for after you've tried and need help figuring it out.

AFA Droid on a Z1x0, that will most likely appear after Pioneer releases a similar product - and it is then reverse engineered. So far the hacks of these units are just peeling back the covers. No one has even made substantial mods to the stock OS. Progress is being made, but it is slow and the hackers are being understandably cautious - they don't want to brick their units.